Just a quick session with the toys.
Same setup as in #13, but this time I shuffled two of the loops over to the EA-1, so I could get a total of four running with the two in the EM-1.
Also I discovered the trick of just leaving the Electribe in record mode and play the bit over and over until I get it right, over the old way of stopping, clearing part and restarting. This way was a lot faster.
I powered up the machines, got started, and then two hours had passed.
Again I chained the Electribes together to get larger sound from the synth parts.
The Electribe EA-1 and Circuit play their loops in unison, chained together by MIDI.
I improvise on the Electribe EM-1, which is much easier with an external keyboard.
I spent two hours working on learning the controls of the Electribes by recreating something that I already knew what it should sound like.
The result leaves much to be desired, so much. Mostly I wonder why some of the parts sound like they’re off key, they shouldn’t be. And there’s a couple of messed up notes in there as well, I still haven’t gotten flow in the step sequencer.
I’ll revisit this tune in a while, and see how far I’ve progressed.
Electribe EA-1 joins Electribe EM-1, and adds two more synth voices.